Minimum Grade 6 GCSE Music Distinction in BTEC Level 2 Good standard of instrumental playing/singing is essential.
Who is it for?
This course is for students who love music and wish to take it to a higher level. The emphasis for this course is on practical music making. Therefore, performing skills are of the upmost importance.The course could lead you towards a profession in the Music business or just be a creative outlet in your academic life.
National Extended Certificate in Music Performance Mandatory units:
- Music Performance Techniques – develop your solo and ensemble performing skills Solo Music Skills – perform live in front of an audience
- Music Theory and Harmony – developing knowledge and understanding of music theory and harmony and apply their understanding in practical scenarios
- Professional Practice in the Music Industry – exploring what it is that makes someone professional in the music industry and how to put forward a bid for work.
- A formal exam unit (Professional Practice in the Music Industry)
- An externally assessed unit through a written task completed under supervised conditions, followed by visual performance which is evidenced digitally via video recordings
- Remaining two units are assessed internally, subject to an external verification.
Honour Degrees in:
- Popular Music
- Music Performance
This course allows you to gain access into apprenticeships in Music Industry, Music Retail and Music Marketing.