16-19 Tuition Fund
Additional government funding has been provided to support students in English, Maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted by the current pandemic.
Government guidance specifies students supported must be on a 16 -19 study programme who had not achieved grade 5 or above in either GCSE English or Maths by the age of 16. This has been ring fenced for small group tuition of Post 16 students only.
Central Sixth are committed to providing support based on the above criteria. Subject support will be based on identified individual need and is not limited to just English and Maths. Sessions will be provided on either a 1-1 basis or in small groups of no more than 5 students, and will be delivered by teaching staff and/or skilled Learning Support Assistants. These will be in addition to the existing programme of study.
Support will be prioritised for the following students
- Students who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- Looked After Children (LAC)
- Students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Those who have a grade 4 or below in GCSE English and Maths
Examples of support sessions will include
- GCSE English and Maths resit tutorials and preparation
- Individualised subject support/catch up intervention in order to embed and consolidate knowledge and understanding
Full guidance on the 16-19 Tuition Funding can be found here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/16-to-19-funding-16-to-19-tuition-fund