Minimum Grade 6 GCSE in English, Science and Maths
Who is it for?
Biology is a highly academic subject, therefore it is important that pupils who choose Biology are intelligent,resilient and studious. You will require a very good knowledge of Mathematics and have excellent English skills. You will need to demonstrate safe and skillful practical techniques; make, record and communicate reliable and valid observations and measurements; analyse, interpret, explain and evaluate the methodology and results.
- The content of the course consists of:
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
(35% of A Level ) Biological molecules, Cells, Organisms exchange substances with their environment, Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms.
(35% of A Level ) Energy transfers in and between organisms, Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments, Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems,The control of gene expression.
( 30% of A Level) Practical skills and summary of course.
Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Biological Sciences in various universities including Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh and Imperial College.
Biological Testing, Biotechnology, Independent Research, Food Industry, Nutrition, Medicine, Doctor, Nurse, Veterinarian, Zoologist/Zookeeper, Animal Care, Veterinary Nurse, Scientist.