Art & design BTEC(Double)
Minimum Grade 4 GCSE in Art & Design and English
Who is it for?
This course is for students who are passionate about Art & Design and are looking to build upon and extend their skills gained at GCSE. Art & Design at Post 16 gives students exposure to different aspects of Art & Design, allowing them to display their abilities and demonstrate their understanding of these contexts
- Course mandatory units include:
- Visual Recording and Communication
- Critical and Contextual Studies in Art & Design
- The Creative Process
- Materials Techniques and Processes in Art & Design
- Developing and Art & Design Portfolio
- Managing a Client Brief
- Developing and Realizing Creative Intentions In addition to the mandatory units students will follow optional units to complement their personal skills.
4 units within the course structure are set externally and assessed by the examination board. Every other unit within the qualification has specified assessment and grading criteria which are to be used for grading purposes. Asummative unit grade can be awarded
at Pass, Merit or Distinction. Overall grades will be Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*. Selected units will be moderated externally.
These qualifications support progression into further education, training or employment, such as:
- Foundation Studies in Art & Design
- Higher National Diplomas in Art & Design
- Foundation Degrees in Art & Design
- Honours Degrees in Art & Design
Design Assistant/Trainee, Junior Art Worker, Desktop Publishing Assistant, Technical Illustrator, Junior Graphic Designer, Junior Product Designer, Production Runner, Post Production Runner, Broadcast Assistant, Animation Assistant, Junior Designer, Web Coordinator, Assistant Photographer, Digital Assistant, Trainee/Assistant Photographer, Costume/Wardrobe Assistant.
- Exhibition Designer
- Fashion Designer
- Fine Artist, Furniture Designer
- Glass Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Illustrator, Product Designer
- Interior Designer
- Jewellery Designer
- Make-Up Artist, Medical Illustrator
- Prosthetic Artist
- Forensic Artist, Museum/Gallery/Conservatory Photographer
- Press Photography
- Print maker
- Production Designer for Television
- Textile Designer
- Art Therapist.