STEM Competition – Prizes to be won
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. As we look to the future, these aspects will become increasingly important and it is why the next generation (you!) must be aware of just how much STEM subjects are involved in your life.
Here is an opportunity to find out more about STEM and show people what you know and what you can do!
To design, create, engineer, discuss, evaluate, explore, hypothesise, investigate or explain any aspect of Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) that you find interesting or want to know more about. Yes, you can do almost anything in this competition! No 2 entries will ever be the same! The top 3 entries will win a prize! Good luck!
Competition and criteria
Your challenge is to design, create, engineer, discuss, evaluate, explore, hypothesise, investigate or explain any aspect of Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) that you find interesting or want to know more about.
Your entry will be judged on the following:
- Presentation and general effort
- Depth of skill or knowledge
Each aspect will be scored out of 5 with a bonus mark awarded to anything the judges feel goes above and beyond their high expectations.
- Email your submission as a file or photograph to your teacher (see poster for details).
- Submissions must be sent in by Friday 10th July.
- Every entry will be shared on the school website and social media.
- Every entry will be acknowledged with a certificate.
- The top 3 entries from each Key Stage across our Trust of schools will win a prize!
You can present your entries in any way that you wish so long as it can be sent in via email. Your entries can be about anything STEM! The possibilities are endless.
- Build something
- Carry out an investigation
- Design a product to help people
- Discuss how important Mathematics is to society
- Present a video explaining a scientific concept
- Make a powerpointpresentation
- Design a poster